- Let's start off with the positives from this week. Arizona Wildcats forward Kevin Parrom is in good spirits and on the mend following his shooting in the Bronx earlier this month, where two men entered his apartment and shot the Wildcat in the leg. Parrom opened up to Bruce Pascoe of the Arizona Daily Star to discuss his recovery from the shooting to his leg. The best quote from that story is what head coach Sean Miller said about the situation:
"The biggest thing is he's not in the middle of Manhattan at a club," Miller said. "He's not out at 3 in the morning, drunk. He doesn't have a gun. Another person has a gun. He's sitting on the couch, in the very place he grew up, with a friend."
- On to football, where interim head coach Tim Kish spoke to the media yesterday. For the first time in his 57 years, Kish is a head coach, and he now hopes to instill some fun into this year's squad. The athletic department has been very much on lock-down mode, and even today's media won't get to talk to players other than seniors in Nick Foles and Trevin Wade.
- Avinash Kunnath of Pacific Takes rehashes all the crazy upsets and bad losses from the Stoops era. Was he the Joker from Batman, or the anti-Joker?
- Paola Boivin of The Arizona Republic believes former head coach Mike Stoops doomed himself with poor recruiting classes. As far as watching this year's team perform on the field, there's definitely an argument for that to be the case -- perhaps this team just isn't that talented, especially along the defensive line and linebackers.
- Speaking of recruiting, Anthony Gimino of the Tucson Citizen believes that for future recruiting, it's a "wait and see" situation. But if Stoops was recruiting poorly, should fans even worry about whether these guys are good or not, and whether or not Arizona loses out on some of them?
- Ryan Finley reported today that the Wildcats got a decommitment from safety Leo Thomas, the No. 85-listed safety in the nation. I think this shows that, uh, it's not going to be the worst thing in the world. I think Arizona can do better than 85 with a bossy new head coach, no offense Leo.
- Brother Bob Stoops and childhood pal Bo Pelini, obviously, don't think Stoops got a fair shake by Arizona AD Greg Byrne. Fair, considering the 10-FBS loss streak consisted of 10 games the Wildcats weren't favored in ... Bob called it a perfect storm.
- This season's fate pretty much sealed, linebacker Jake Fischer will probably go the redshirt route. Who's to blame him?