Accept it or not, the Arizona Wildcats are in the NIT, and their first test comes against the Bucknell Bison, a mid-major team that has its own recent success in the NCAA Tournament.
- It's essential I begin the links with the best story coming out of the Pac-12 Tournament. My former assistant editor at the Daily Wildcat, Alex Williams, wrote this gripping column on Kyle Fogg following Arizona's loss to Colorado in the Pac-12 Championship game. Let me just say that one reader tweeted at him that it made her cry. Read the whole thing. It's proof that Kyle Fogg epitomizes the cliche that "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Enough said.
- Pat Finley of the Arizona Daily Star breaks down the game and the growth spurt of big man Mike Muscala, a Minnesota native who idolized former Minnesota Timberwolves' wing Wally Szczerbiak and brings some guard skills to a 6-foot-11 frame. We know how it went last time the Wildcats faced a big guy who can take it outside. Washington State's Brock Motum dropped 28 points on UA in a 76-72 win in Pullman.
- Steve Rivera of Fox Sports Arizona gives us a full preview of what the NIT means to the Wildcats. Unlike the fans, they're trying to treat it much unlike a consolation prize.
- So yeah, whether you think the Pac-12 Tournament being held in Los Angeles was a flop or not, just know that at least you can party hard in the next few year's, win or lose. The conference tourney is moving to Las Vegas in the coming years and the women's tournament is being held in Seattle.
- Here's a shameless self promotion of my championship game recap for Dime Magazine. In short, the Pac-12 really flopped all-around, proving that even the top half of the league didn't do much to improve during the Pac-12 schedule to follow up a terrible non-conference showing in the first half of the year. The theme of the tournament? Screwing the pooch.
- An in-depth look at the Washington Huskies' snub of the NCAA Tournament. Snub or not, it's no argument the Huskies really could have made the most noise in the NCAA according to their talent. Then again, Lorenzo Romar's teams have often lacked the consistency to make a whole bunch of noise.
- Those of you who follow us know I'm a fan of Momo Jones. What would he have done for Arizona this year? I wrote about this earlier in the season and with the Josiah Turner suspension probably adds to me being right, but I think Arizona is easily in the NCAA tournament if Jones stuck around. Anyway, his Iona Gaels did make it, and he's glad a guy named Jimmer Fredette is no longer playing for the BYU Cougars, who the Gaels face tonight. Also, Barack Obama will be on hand.
Yahoo! Tourney Pick'em supports SBNation and the best college sports tournament of the year. Join the bracket pools of Drew Brees, Michael Phelps, and Lil Wayne-- all while competing in the $5 million Perfect Bracket and $10,000 Best Bracket Sweepstakes. Be part of the best and biggest Yahoo! Sports tourney game yet – sign up today!