July 24, 2012; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Arizona Wildcats quarterback Matt Scott answers media questions during PAC-12 Media Day at Universal Studios Hollywood. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-US PRESSWIRE
Spring drills didn't clear much up on the Arizona Wildcats 2012 depth chart, which was released at Pac-12 Media Day. There were question marks in all but eight slots writes Ryan Finley, and one of them is the long snapper.
A couple of things to note:
- The linebacking group, though thin, is the most solidified group. As we mentioned when discussing the most stable of positional groups, Jake Fischer, Rob Hankins and Hank Hobson bring three solid options.
- The offensive line also has two solid pieces in guard Trace Biskin and center Kyle Quinn.
- The depth at running back actually is creating some competition. While Ka'Deem Carey might have the most upside, the depth chart looks like he hasn't won the No. 1 spot.
Below the jump is the list of locked No. 1s on the depth chart, and here's Tucson Citizen's full depth chart.
• Center, Kyle Quinn
• Quarterback, Matt Scott
• Running back (No. 2), Taimi Tutogi
• Right guard, Trace Biskin
• Linebacker, Jake Fischer
• Linebacker, Rob Hankins
• Linebacker, Hank Hobson
• Safety, Jared Tevis
• Punter, Kyle Dugandzic
• Long snapper, Brian Chacon