The University of Arizona announced that McKale Center will host a Dave Sitton memorial on Sunday at 6 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and free parking will be available near the arena.
Sitton, who was deeply involved in the community and was most visible as the Arizona Wildcats' broadcaster in recent years, died from a heart attack Monday at the age of 58. The public celebration of the successful rugby coach and one-time congressional candidate will be live-streamed on ArizonaWildcats.com.
If you haven't already, make sure to read column's on memories of Sitton by long-time Tucson reporters Greg Hansen and Andy Morales, among other tributes.
- Greg Hansen -- Versatile Sitton had a golden voice, heart
- Andy Morales -- Longtime friend Dave Sitton passes away
- Anthony Gimino -- Kindall, Tomey, Olson: Former Arizona coaches remember Dave Sitton
- Anthony Gimino -- Social media tributes to Dave Sitton
- Bruce Pascoe -- Sitton touched Olson, Williams