Here's a roundup of links from across the web to cover every major storyline before the Arizona Wildcats tip off in Anaheim.
- Arizona meets San Diego State for the second time this season in what's been dubbed the Best in the West, writes the Arizona Daily Star's Bruce Pascoe. Certainly, the SDSU program has been intertwined with Arizona's history since coach Steve Fisher arrived from his more successful days at Michigan. And while Arizona proved last week Gonzaga is no rival in the present, maybe only the UCLA Bruins could stake claim to being in the mix of West Coast powers.
- Fisher apparently has a trick up his sleeve.
- Steve Kerr is calling the game, and Fox Sports Arizona's Steve Rivera caught up with the former UA point guard. The former Wildcat also called Arizona games during the 2011 Elite Eight run, and this could be his last for a while. Kerr is rumored to be a candidate to take over as New York Knicks coach under former NBA coach Phil Jackson, who was hired into the front office this month. Good luck if that's a real thing, Steve. You'll certainly need it.
- Zack Rosenblatt of the Star gives Tucsonans eight places to watch the Arizona game. From Ben's to Frog to your own couch, it's all covered there.
- The Arizona Republic's Doug Haller writes on a defensive battle upcoming, and Aaron Gordon tells him the Wildcats sometimes argue about who will guard the opponents' best scorer.
- We answered some questions for MWC Connection's Matthew Bain to preview the game, and he in turn got the lowdown on the Aztecs.
- A numbers-heavy scouting report on the Aztecs.
- Finally, here's the bracket and entire Sweet 16 television docket.