Fifty five games are now in the books at the Las Vegas NBA Summer League. We did a middle-of-the-way-done check-in so let's see how ex-Wildcats fared at the completion of play. Players are ranked below from highest scoring average down.
1. Jerryd Bayless (4 games) - 18 pts, 47% FG, 3.8 Reb, 4.3 Ast
2. Chase Budinger (5 games) - 17.8 pts, 68% FG, 2 Reb, 1 Steal
3. Jordan Hill (5 games) - 14.4 pts, 43% FG, 8.2 Reb, 1 Block
4. Mustafa Shakur (5 games) - 5.6 pts, 39% FG, 1.8 Reb, 1.6 Ast, 2 Steals
5. Salim Stoudamire (2 games) - 4 pts, 37.5% FG, 1 Ast, 1 Steal
6. Chris Rodgers (1 game) - 0 pts, 2 Reb, 1 Ast
Here are my reactions based on the numbers...
Reaction #1 - Bayless is solid and I believe he's in for a significant bump in playing time and a good year
Reaction #2 - Did Chase really have 68% FG??? That's better than the top 50 scorers in Summer League. Insane!!
Reaction #3 - I think Jordan Hill is eventually going to be a beast but it's going to take some time
Reaction #4 - Based on the individual box scores, it seemed like Shakur played better than the numbers indicated. I hope he makes an NBA squad
Reaction #5 - What happened to Salim Stoudamire?
Reaction #6 - Chris who?
Can't wait for pre-season to start!!!