A video of Arizona guard recruit Chris Thomas, who some consider the No. 1 shooting guard in the class of 2013, has Thomas talking about his recent interest from the Kentucky Wildcats and coach John Calipari's system. The recruitment of Thomas could be quite interesting: Will Sean Miller be able to snatch Thomas from the grasp of Cal?
- Alex Williams of the Arizona Daily Wildcat writes on what he saw from the team on the first day of fall practices, including how the offensive line looked and Juron Criner looking sharp.
- Rumor had it that Wyoming quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels was on the check-in sheet for the Wildcats, according to Anthony Gimino of the Tucson Citizen. But then the Mountain West Freshman of the Year didn't check in. Whatever happens, Arizona has depth at quarterback as is; freshman Daxx Garman and Bryson Beirne are obviously in the mix if Matt Scott really redshirts this year, and Rutgers transfer Tom Savage will be eligible next season after sitting this one out.
- Speaking of depth, two of the biggest losses to ACL injuries, Jake Fischer and Adam Hall, are ahead of schedule in their recoveries, according to Ryan Finley.
- And while quarterbacks transfers have been flocking to Tucson, Mike Stoops went to the deep south to pick up a defensive tackle commit for next year's class in Gerron Borne, who digs the engineering program, according to Ryan Finley.
- Also filling out the D-line will be an interesting prospect in Ben Dixon out of Ventura, Calif. I say interesting because he's not really ranked by any recruiting services yet. However, the 6-foot-3, 250 pounder could be a solid defensive end in college. Apparently, he's well know in the track and field circles, for, wait for it ... being a solid 400-meter runner, says Gimino. Here's to guessing that any 250-pound man who can run a 400 meter might be a damn good athlete.
- The Daily Star also wrote about how the back-end of the roster is filling out with local Tucsonans and that Ka'Deem Carey is ready to roll.