Another week, and another couple of college head coaching jobs have opened up come season's end. Hawaii fired Norm Chow, and Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer made his retirement official. This has an impact on the Arizona Wildcats in two completely different ways. Let's start with Hawaii. They've hinted at dropping football before, and they just happen to be on Arizona's future schedule, a lot, starting with next season. The Wildcats may be scrambling to find a replacement.
- Now Virginia Tech. We have random West Virginia guys on Twitter claiming there's already an understanding in place. And then there's this guy with his scorching hot take from "sources", where he says RichRod to VaTech, but also, in the same article, published back in April, that Beamer had "at least two more" years left before he would quit. Well, he has about a month. Bruce Feldman has RR 2nd on his list of potential VT candidates
So, there's our daily dose of coaching banter.
- We're trying to find the silver lining for Arizona football right now, but it's just not there
- Oh yeah, the best defensive commit in next year's class is no longer an Arizona commit
- The Wildcats may not have to face Juju Smith-Schuster this week though, as he suffered a broken hand
- Drew Riggleman is one of over 70 Ray Guy Award nominees
- I feel it's time for Scooby Wright III to call it a college career and prepare himself for the next level
- DId you miss our profile of Dusan Ristic? Check it out here
- Women's golf is going to the Norm Chow-less Hawaii for the Pac-12 Preview
- Volleyball downed Cal in four sets
- Men's tennis finished strong in Vegas on Sunday
- Soccer pulled out a 1-0 win over Utah
- American Pharoah finished out his racing career the best way possible. Arizona will honor Bob Baffert at the Utah game
- I don't think anyone is surprised to find out that Auld Dubliner might be haunted