The Pac-12 is celebrating 100 years of existence this year, and late Tuesday night, the conference announced its Football All-Century team. Of the 50 players that had the honor bestowed upon them, five of them are former Arizona Wildcats defensive players. They are: Tedy Bruschi, Rob Waldrop, Ricky Hunley, Chris McAlister and Antoine Cason. The five ranks second among all schools, trailing only the USC Trojans, who had 25(!) players, including all five running backs.
Rob Waldrop had this to say:
"I was incredibly honored to learn of being elected to the Pac-12's All Century Team. Over the years, there have been some great defensive lineman who competed in the conference, being recognized as one of them — so many years after playing — is quite a distinction. The period that I played at Arizona under Coach Tomey was a special time. We had a team that was very close and took care of one another. And our defense! That was a special group of players. I am very blessed to have been apart of that group — the Desert Swarm — and will always cherish the memories of what it felt like when we would completely derail and demolish a competitors offense ... None of the recognition I have ever received would have been possible without such a talented group of defensive teammates — I share this honor with them, Bear Down."
And then the NFL live crew took a look at some old Bruschi pictures.
- Rod Smith visited Terrell Burgess
- Rich Rodriguez and Tony Dews are still pursuing JJ Allen
- The coaching staff also offered 10th-ranked JuCo linebacker Kapri Doucet
- The Arizona Bowl trophy is starting to come to fruition
- Sean Elliott was named Arizona's male athlete of the century
- Kaleb Tarczewski was named an NABC Good Works Team nominee
- Arizona and Gonzaga play Saturday, and they will have another home-and-home in 2019 and 2020
- Have to give credit where it's due, and ASU went to Omaha and knocked off Creighton. It's the first time ever that Creighton has lost a home game while scoring at least 75 points
- Swimming opened up their trip to Austin with two event victories, which SwimSwam breaks down. This came on the heels of Emma Schoettmer being named the Pac-12 Swimmer of the Month
- There will be a GymCats intrasquad scrimmage at McKale on Sunday at 2 PM
- Here's the official preview for Volleyball's opening weekend in the NCAA Tournament
- Women's basketball beat New Mexico State 68-64. Here are the highlights
- Keep these wildlife overpasses coming Arizona
- Why are there naked children wandering our streets?