Following the NFL's lead, several universities have implemented a "Clear Bag Policy" for their sporting events, and the Arizona Wildcats will be following suit beginning with Wednesday's men's basketball game against Fresno State.
The past couple of Wildcat Wednesdays have stated this change, giving fans plenty of notice of the change in policy at all Arizona sporting events moving forward.
"We've been talking about a couple things for quite a while, and we thought it was the right step," Arizona AD Greg Byrne said on Sunday. "The NFL's been doing it for a few years now, and it's obviously something that will be a change, but we think our fans will be able to adjust well to it. We tried to give them plenty of notice that we were implementing it. We thought it was the right step to provide the safest and securest environment we can."
Here's what you can bring:
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, after being searched
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection, including but not limited to oxygen tanks, diabetes kits, allergy pens, etc.
And here is what you can no longer bring with you:
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Fanny packs
- Diaper bags
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Long golf umbrellas
- Cooler bags
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions including large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Any bag larger than the permissible size, unless credentialed personnel carrying such belonging have been thoroughly searched
You can still bring in souvenir cups, unopened water and other personal items. You just have to have them in a clear bag now.
Arizona will be providing clear Ziploc bags for the home games this Wednesday and Sunday's game against Missouri. They will be available at one of the five entrances that will now be used for events in McKale.
Courtesy: Arizona Athletics