If you want to know of an athletics program at Arizona doing it the right way, look no further than women's swimming. For the fifth time in ten years, an Arizona swimmer has been named Pac-12 Woman of the Year. This year was Margo Geer, who is the bottom swimmer in the picture above. She is a three-time National Champion and 27-time All-American, but reading everything she's done outside the pool is great as well. Congrats to Geer, and congrats to Arizona swimming and diving as a program. That's what it's about.
- Sean Miller gave kind of a State of the Program address on Tuesday morning. Bruce Pascoe has the highlights, which includes Kaleb Tarczewski trying out for the USA Pan-Am team.
- 2018 power forward Antwan January was on campus for an unofficial visit
- Dick Vitale had his contract extended by ESPN
- Is Arizona going to the Battle 4 Atlantis in 2017?
- Nine Wildcats were named to Athlon Sports' preseason all-Pac-12 teams. Scooby Wright III and Cayleb Jones are the two first-teamers.
- The entire college bowl schedule has been set
- Need a name for random college football games? This rivalry name generator by Every Day Should Be Saturday is the best way to pass the time
Can't wait for this Pac-12 South RIVALRY GAME pic.twitter.com/UNw3hwyGdH— Kevin Zimmerman (@KZimmermanFSAZ) June 9, 2015
- Connor Brewer isn't going to NAU after all. He's headed to Virginia.
- Three players with Arizona ties were drafted in rounds 3-10 on Tuesday in the MLB Draft. Commits Javier Medina and Max Wotell went in the third round. Former Arizona player Willie Calhoun went in the fourth round.
- Keep up with rounds 11-40 here. Not entirely confident in any other Arizona players being called, but it could happen.
- The SI Cover for American Pharoah's Triple Crown is pretty sick.
- Volleyball player Madi Kingdon is the only player in the country named an All-American in both indoor and sand volleyball
- Men's tennis player Naoki Takeda is pretty good.