Welcome to the debut edition of "Sonoran Hot Reads", where we'll hopefully provide you with some of the most important Arizona news and notes each morning!
- The Phoenix Suns had a couple of familiar names in town with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and T.J. McConnell both working out for the team. Apparently TJM set a Suns record with nearly 29 full-court sprints in three minutes.
"That shows you what kind of condition he came in," Suns GM Ryan McDonough said.— Bruce Pascoe (@BrucePascoe) June 5, 2015
"That 3 min run is no joke," McConnell said. "I tried to run as fast as I could & last 10 I kinda blacked out. I don't remember any of it."— Bruce Pascoe (@BrucePascoe) June 5, 2015
- Pacific Takes has some Arizona basketball recruiting updates.
- Sean Miller's contract extension was put on hold, but just because of a technical issue.
- Four-star athlete Trevon Sidney has Arizona in his top ten schools.
- Kendall Franklin is in town working out with the team.
- Daniel Berk wrote about William Parks and Scooby Wright III, plus some needs on the Arizona coaching staff.
- Maybe we can get Drew Riggleman to hold field goals like this next year:
Luke Ferguson (@LukeFerg15) June 4, 2015
- MSU's Butch Thompson took his name out of the running for the head coaching job. This is good news as far as I'm concerned.
- We found out where the key guys in the 2012 National Championship run are playing now.
- Catcher Handsome Monica is transferring from Arizona. His name and his catching ability will be missed.
- Cal State Fullerton is the only team west of Dallas playing in this weekend's Super Regionals.
- Gymnastics will have a whole new coaching staff this year.
- Sand Volleyball's Witt twins selected to the 2015 USA Volleyball Beach High Performance "Elite 10" for the Under-21 age group
- You can now take Delta to LA (well, in December)
- Crash of the day: