It's certainly a baseball kind of day, as the MLB Draft is set to get underway, and Arizona has a new head coach.
- Nevada head coach Jay Johnson is heading to Tucson to take over the Arizona Wildcats. This is a really good piece on when he was first hired at Nevada. Check out his UNR bio, and the bio of pitching coach Dave Lawn, who has plenty of Pac-12 experience, and will be interesting to see if he joins Johnson at Arizona. Here's the Daily Star's post on the hiring. The Reno Gazette-Journal provides some of the monetary numbers.
- His introductory press conference will be streamed here at 1 PM PT on Monday.
- The MLB Draft starts Monday night. Here's how to watch, along with the latest projections for Scott Kingery and Kevin Newman.
- Speaking of Newman and Kingery, be sure to check out my photo gallery of both of them from the past two seasons.
- Former Arizona swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen threw out the first pitch at the Diamondbacks game on Sunday as she continues to recover from a serious spinal injury.
.@UAAA reunite @Dbacks ChipHale @amyvandyken & I ready for @FOXSPORTSAZ intv @AZATHLETICS @WildcatBearDown pic.twitter.com/lkHmF1B0jT— Kate Longworth (@KateLongworth) June 7, 2015
- Mark Melancon picked up his 18th save of the year for the Pirates.
- Want a way-to-early preview of the UTSA game? Ok.
- Maybe Orlando Bradford will play in that game.
- According to Suns.com, the Rondae Hollis-Jefferson workout was quite entertaining.
- Andre Iguodala had seven points, five rebounds, and five assists in an OT loss for the Warriors
- T.J. McConnell told CSN Chicago "I'll know my role" when it comes to making it in the league.
- U of A will offer bachelor's degrees online
@whatsuptucson semi truck on fire on freeway by Sunset pic.twitter.com/BXId9iDgcL— dominique ❁ (@sorryimdom) June 7, 2015