Sports Illustrated ranked the Arizona Wildcats 15th in the preseason poll, and their feature was on none other than Scooby Wright III, and what makes him tick after an incredible 2014 campaign. But the story at the beginning is amazing:
There is also the matter of the large cut across his nose. This one is about a week old. Wright had moved into a new apartment and put a key in the door to open it. It was not the correct key. But he was reasonably sure it was, and that the door was being stubborn. So a 246-pound man who recorded 163 tackles last fall set to work, crouching down and putting some torque into getting this portal to oblige—"I wasn't going full King Kong on it," he notes—when, basically, he ripped the door off and it hit him in the face.
You see that everyone, even Scooby isn't perfect!
- Heatwaved has Arizona fourth in its Pac-12 South Power Rankings
- 247Sports predicts how the three non-conference games will go
- I did a preview for Bruins Nation over the summer, and unfortunately they published it on Wednesday, and my Tyrell Johnson pick doesn't look so hot right now after he missed all of camp with a foot injury
- Here's some info on UTSA's QB situation, with Austin Robinson, who played eight games at QB last year, will now be a safety. Also, be sure to follow Jared Kalmus on Twitter, especially for Roadrunners week
- Dick Vitale (!) writes (?) how he thinks that Arizona and Sean Miller will be just fine this year, even after losing a bunch of important pieces
- Here's a look at how Lorenzo Romar keeps bringing big talent to Washington
- Kyle Fogg will be playing professionally in Spain next year
- Sand volleyball brought in a grad transfer from Pacific
- Indoor volleyball is off to SMU to open their 2015 season with a preseason invitational
- Niya Butts added Alli Gloyd to the women's basketball staff as an assistant coordinator of basketball operations
- Women's soccer will play NAU in Flagstaff on Friday
- With the day the rest of the country had, it's nice to know that Tucson had this good story of someone donating their bike to a person that has been affected by the Sun Tran Strike