Several names have been thrown into the hat for UNLV's head coaching vacancy. Rick Pitino has come up. Doug Gottlieb threw his own name out there for some reason. But here is a very realistic option, and that is Arizona associate head coach Joe Pasternack. As stated by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, UNLV president Len Jessup, who will lead the coaching search, previously served as Dean of Eller College of Management at Arizona before moving to UNLV. Jessup will lead the search because the AD's contract is up at the end of the year, so he may also be looking for a new one of those. Anyways, the Arizona connection can not be ignored, and it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Gabe York™ (@GabeYork01) January 24, 2016
- 2017 point guard Matt Coleman tells Made Hoops that Arizona calls him at least three days a week, and has the following message: "They said if I come they'll get two other guys in my class and probably have one of the best classes ever. He said ‘you come and get the keys to car and drive us to victory."
- Oregon State quarterback Seth Collins is transferring
- Arizona had another decommitment. More on this phenomenon later on Sunday
- Women's basketball hosts ASU on Sunday after losing to them on Friday in Tempe
- Swimming and diving had a rough weekend in the Bay Area, capping it off with a loss at Stanford
- Track and field had another solid day
- Gymnastics put up their best score of the season, but were edged by UCLA