After the defensive staff was completed on Wednesday, we all thought that maybe the coaching staff changes were done for the offseason. As Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend! According to FootballScoop, Rich Rodriguez will be making a change to the recruiting staff:
"Per source, Chris Singletary will be the new director of recruiting at Arizona. Singletary previously worked at Michigan under Rich Rodriguez and remained with the Wolverines through last summer. Director of player personnel Matt Dudek is expected to have an expanded role."
The official announcement likely won't be made until next week, but it'll be interesting to see what exactly Dudek's new role is, and how this will impact recruiting moving forward.
- RichRod was also on AM 1060 in Phoenix to talk about spring practice, the quarterbacks and a little more. Here are some things to keep an eye on around the rest of the conference
- Khalil Tate is just one of many early enrollees around the Pac-12 that could make an immediate impact
- The Pac-12 had 49 players invited to the NFL Combine. Arizona's representatives are Scooby Wright III and Cayleb Jones
- It's been nearly a week, but Arizona is back in action Friday night against UCLA
- Around the rest of the state, Dan Majerle explains how he's been able to set GCU up well heading into postseason eligibility next year. And NAU gave up the most threes in a single game in all of D-1 basketball this year, letting Montana State knock down 25 long balls
- Arizona faces a coach's son on Friday, but another coach's son, Cullen Neal at New Mexico, is getting death threats from fans. Slow your roll sports fans. Like seriously? What are you doing?
- Rawle Alkins is in Tucson this weekend, and Arizona is the new leader for Alkins on 247's Crystal Ball
- Former Arizona high school player Marvin Bagley III has basically let his father ruin his life, and is still just a high school sophomore. This is sad
- If you think Pac-12 refs are bad, you should check out the Mountain West, and in particular, what they did at the end of a Boise State game on Wednesday
- Pitching coach Dave Lawn's new plan for Arizona pitchers may be crucial to a successful season this year
- Softball opened up the Hillenbrand Invitational with a run-rule win over Southern Utah
The entire Southern Utah softball team and I had similar great ideas: late night dinner at Mama's Hawaiian BBQ.— Zack Rosenblatt (@ZackBlatt) February 12, 2016
- Gymnastics will host No. 13 Stanford on Saturday
- Women's basketball is going to the Bay Area for probably the toughest road trip in Pac-12 women's basketball
- Track and field is going split squad in Seattle and Albuquerque
- Oro Valley has people stealing cars and crashing them into light poles
- It's gem and mineral show weekend at TCC