If you've ever been to Tucson any time from January-March, you already know this, but USA Today says that the University of Arizona is the fourth-best school for college basketball. The reasoning:
"U of A is a large public university occupying 380 urban acres. Its College of Medicine operates a medical center in Tucson. Of its 40,000 students, 1,500 are doctoral and 7,000 are postgraduate. It is the #1 rated school in Arizona and was founded 27 years before the territory became a state.
Sean Miller came to Arizona from Xavier in 2009. His first year, the Wildcats missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 25 years, but they've made it every year since, along with amassing 30+ wins in both 2010 and 2013."
So who are the schools in front of Arizona? Duke, Kentucky and.....Vanderbilt? Someone needs to explain this to me. Please.
- Arizona fans will be down the next couple days though after Josh Scott went off, leading to a three-point Colorado win. The Buff fans rushed the court, and now Sean Miller is ready to take this issue on:
An angry Sean Miller challenges Pac-12 to stop court-rushing, and keep Arizona's players safe— Greg Hansen (@ghansen711) February 25, 2016
He says his pleas have 'fallen on deaf ears.... There's going to be a situation happen and there'll be no turning back,' he said— Greg Hansen (@ghansen711) February 25, 2016
Tarczewski was bumped around by CU fans, stopped to yell at them. It was a potential powder keg. Third time this year it happened to UA— Greg Hansen (@ghansen711) February 25, 2016
- Josh Jackson is a Boys HS Player of the Year finalist. No shock here
- The loss was something that some people definitely saw coming
- Jay Bilas had Arizona 11th in his national rankings before the Colorado loss
- Oregon State beat Washington at the buzzer, after having the clock starting late and also traveling:
- The team heads to San Diego for the Tony Gwynn Classic this weekend
- A huge weekend for softball as they go to Alabama to face the Tide along with Tennessee in Tuscaloosa
- Men's tennis will play Tulane on Friday, just like baseball
- Arizona courts were the subject of a malware attack
- Tucson's space travel company now has a lead pilot
- Our town was apparently the home of a pretty big counterfeit undertaking