Only one home game remains for Arizona Wildcats mainstays Kaleb Tarczewski and Gabe York. With the regular season winding down, ESPN talked to a bunch of seniors from around the country, asking what advice they would give their younger selves. This is what Tarczewski had to say:
One of the most important things would be to be comfortable with who I am as a basketball player. It's something I think a lot of people struggle with. You want to be the guy, the star, scoring points. But sometimes you just have to be comfortable with who you are and help the team in any way you can. That's the most important lesson I've learned in four years.
I'd also tell myself to get in the training room more and get more treatment. My legs would feel much better these days.
I'd certainly attribute Zeus' success this year to his increased self-confidence and feeling more comfortable in his role. It's been a good run for these guys, and hopefully they can close it out with two-straight wins
- Why are they going for two-straight? Because York hit a late-game three to beat Cal on Thursday night. He had some pretty hilarious things to say about it afterwards
- Is Cal still the team that's better-built for March?
- Jay Bilas explains what we'll learn about Arizona next week in Vegas
- There's a lot of Arizona in the 6-10 part of the most iconic plays of the decade
- The coaching staff is expecting big things from this year's recruiting class
- Arizona plays Northwestern State Friday night at 6 PM. Until then, watch Sawyer Gieseke's video from Tuesday's exhibition against the Diamondbacks
Cats fall to BYU 4-2. Wildcat Invitational continues tomorrow. UA plays Mt. St. Mary's and gets a rematch with the Cougars.— Arizona Softball (@UA_Softball) March 4, 2016
- Hockey picked up an overtime win in the ACHA National Tournament. They'll play No. 1 Minot State on Friday at 4 PM MT
- The club wrestling team is looking for some help to get to their national tournament
- Women's basketball is extending the Niya Butts era by a couple of days thanks to a win over Oregon in the Pac-12 Tournament
- Sand Volleyball picked up a sweep to open their 2016 campaign
- Men's swimming is currently in third at the Pac-12 Championships after another relay victory
- Diving is competing in Flagstaff next week at the Zone E Championships
- Men's tennis lost to LMU. Women's tennis will take on Stanford Friday
- There was a nasty incident at La Canada and Hardy, resulting in at least two deaths. Don't drink and drive
- Also, you don't have to street race on Aviation anymore
- Tucson is the 73rd-best place to live according to U.S. News. It's an interesting break down of all the things that go into living here
- There are nearly 200 pronghorn now out near Sonoita
@jeffbeamish @totallytucson @whatsuptucson the sun came up in OV pic.twitter.com/rV9pSFN17V— Shane Lopez (@shanemlopez) March 3, 2016