We knew over a year ago that the Arizona Wildcats were going to take part in the 2017 Battle 4 Atlantis, but now the rest of the field has been revealed.
Arizona, Villanova, Purdue, NC State, SMU, Tennessee, W. Kentucky, and N. Iowa are in the 2017 Battle 4 Atlantis, sources told @CBSSports.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 30, 2016
Originally, Mississippi State was on the list, but it appears they’ve been replaced with Tennessee. Either way, this should give Arizona two legit non-conference neutral site games at worst in the span of three days. It also could be a pretty nice trip for some Arizona fans out there
- "True Love Waits" by Radiohead is apparently the song that best defines Arizona this year?
- Wednesday’s game was postponed until Thursday at 10 AM PT on ESPNU. You can read the reasoning behind the decision on omaha.com
- During the rain delay, Marlins Man was taking pictures with the team
- Maybe this year’s Championship Series feels like Fresno/Georgia in 2008, but Coastal is a program with a much longer period of success than Fresno was
- Texas hired Tulane head coach David Pierce, which ends the Jay Johnson to Austin speculation
- Arizona is +30000 to win the College Football Playoff this year according to Odds Shark
- Gabe joined a podcast with our USC friends over at Conquest Chronicles to chat about Arizona. He also had a little roundup of some of the latest recruiting news
- The All-2000s Arizona team looks pretty good to me
- Kevin Cordes broke the US Open record in the 200m breaststroke semifinals. He’ll go for the world record around 3:30 PM AZ time on Thursday
- I’m sure the people in the athletics department are voting early and often in the Trident vs. El Corral matchup in the Tucson Restaurant Tournament. There are a lot of upsets going down in the second half of the first round voting
- TUSD approved an increase in pay for teachers
- Some horrible human being shot a coyote on the east side, and there’s a reward out for any info on who did this
it took me 3 cups of tea at 5 in the morning for this. @whatsuptucson pic.twitter.com/uMYDYNFR75— Chris Sapp (@_ChrisSapp_) June 29, 2016