With one half of the 2015 Arizona Wildcats middle infield thriving in Double-A, the other half joined Kevin Newman there on Monday. Scott Kingery received the call up, moving up to the Reading Fightin Phils. Kingery was in the leadoff spot in his first game at the Double-A level, but went 0-for-3 in a 1-0 win over Binghamton. On the bright side, he was greeted by a double rainbow. Reading plays Newman’s Altoona team next weekend
RHP Robby Medel, pitching for @Conejo_Oaks this summer, hasn't allowed a run over his last 5 appearances, w/a win & a save in that stretch.— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) July 25, 2016
Another RHP, Luke Soroko, is 2-0 w/a 2.17 ERA in 20 2/3 innings this summer for @HeatChico. 16 Ks to 8 BBs. #BearDown #MLBTrainingGround— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) July 25, 2016
- Arizona is apparently the 13th-most expensive student ticket in all of college football. However, I believe that $175 price includes men’s basketball and all other sports?
- Here is the latest story written using Rich Rodriguez’ quotes from media days about the quarterback battle. No new news here
- Former Arizona assistant and new Syracuse head coach Dino Babers misses the Tucson heat among other things
- We’re most worried about the defensive line...are you?
- The Wildcats seem to be in good position to land a guy that just decommitted from UCLA
- Do you agree with this list of the top five players to ever play in Tucson?
- Solomon Hill appears to be excited about playing for Alvin Gentry in New Orleans this year
- There was a shooting near Glenn and Country Club
- Looking for a job this fall? Old Tucson will be holding a job fair towards the end of August
- There’s road work coming to Kinney Rd. starting next week
About 5:30am this morning, overlooking Saguaro National Park on the east side of Tucson. pic.twitter.com/Fzil1y0V22— Greg McCown (@Gregtucson) July 25, 2016