There’s a lot going on with Arizona Wildcats football recruiting this year that we’ve never really seen before. Here’s another way to look at it. 247 put out a list of the 17 biggest steals in this recruiting cycle so far, and Arizona has the top steal in Greg Johnson. The reasoning?
Johnson’s high school, Los Angeles/Hawkins, is literally blocks from USC’s campus. The Crystal Ball was a heavy lean to the Trojans before the four-star cornerback surprised many by picking the Wildcats. This is one of Arizona’s bigger gets in the last decade landing a U.S. Army All-American. Ace recruiter Donte’ Williams is showing he’s a future rock star by going into USC’s backyard and landing a Top 100 recruit. That’s the essence of a steal.
Also on the list is Nathan Tilford, who checks in at No. 9. Yeah, the Wildcats have two of the biggest steals this year. That’s something we’re not used to
- Hey, guess what? Anu Solomon should probably be the favorite to win the QB "battle"
- If you haven’t bought into the Lauri Markkanen hype yet, maybe this will put you on the bandwagon
- Greg Byrne may be an option for Florida as they look for a new athletic director
- Zach Gibbons hit his first career professional home run this week
- According to the AZL Mariners website, Nathan Bannister is on the 60-day DL without having thrown a minor league pitch yet, but please keep making Keith Law jokes Arizona fans
- The Wildcats were able to set a program average attendance record this year
- Be sure to get your votes in for the Sweet Sixteen of the Tucson Restaurant Tournament
- In a perfect world, the AZ Desert Swarm offices will be moving to this new building coming to Congress and Stone
- A woman was allegedly sexually assaulted near Speedway and 7th early Monday morning
- A Tucson native is the best high school roper in the country
- Do you have favorite hiking trails? Go nominate them to be among the best in Arizona