Stanley Johnson continued to impress at the Orlando Summer League on Tuesday, as he dropped in a team-high 16 points for the Detroit Pistons. Not only is he putting up big numbers, but he’s also doing the things that head coach Stan Van Gundy wanted him to be doing during the summer.
"He’s doing exactly what he should be doing during the summer. Just what we talked about," Van Gundy said after Tuesday’s action. "He’s had a lot of chances where he could’ve just driven the ball to his right and scored, but you can see him almost consciously trying to get to his left hand, which is probably taking him out of his rhythm, but is great for him to work on. I like his approach in how he’s trying to play."
- Kaleb Tarczewski had nine points and three rebounds for the Pistons as well. Nick Johnson and Ryan Anderson’s Orlando Blue remained winless. Johnson had ten points and eight assists while Anderson scored six points and grabbed a pair of rebounds
- Paul Magloire was named to the Bednarik Award watch list
- We’re looking for football writers for this upcoming year. Here are the details on how you can apply. We’re also looking for people to write about some of the non-revenue sports this year
- Matt Dudek went full Modern Family in Hawaii this week:
No better place to be than Hawaii to surprise your wife and family by renewing your wedding vows after 10 years pic.twitter.com/6T2hSB9VfH— Matt Dudek (@AZ_Matty_D) July 4, 2016
- The NCAA put out the top ten plays of the College World Series. Cody Ramer’s leaping grab and Ryan Aguilar’s ridiculous stretch at first base both made the cut
- Baseball America has Oregon State and Long Beach State making next year’s CWS, with UC-Santa Barbara and Washington as the other West Coast teams in the Supers. No Arizona
- Riley Moore hit his first professional home run. He’s currently playing for the Southern Illinois Miners in the Frontier League
First professional home run ✔️— Riley Moore (@riley_moore6) July 6, 2016
- The Arizona Republic has run out of things to write, so they told the 90 year old story about why we say Bear Down
- I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix should be getting a lot better in years to come
- Pima County passed a $1.2 billion budget
- The 18-year-old Tucson native who was charged with terrorism will be held without bond
- Child care is really expensive in Arizona