Former Arizona Wildcat offensive lineman Eben Britton played in 60 NFL games from 2009-14, starting 34 of those with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears. And according to him, he played three of those games while high on marijuana. A not-at-all-surprising number was thrown out by Britton that somewhere between 50 and 75% of NFL players smoke weed. But his explanation of playing high was interesting:
"NFL games I played stoned were some of the best games I ever played. Cannabis cements your surroundings. A lot of people say they’re useless when they smoke weed. But hell, I played NFL games [while stoned], dude. My performances were solid and I felt really good after."
It was also a team-building experience:
"Right after practice, me and one to three other [players] would go to somebody’s house [to get high]," Britton recalls. "Smoking helped me to socialize with teammates. We let our guards down . . . But a lot of the time [stoned talk] wasn’t even about football. Cannabis took us out of football. We were hanging out and just being people. It brought us closer together as teammates."
Anyways, it’s a really good piece by the New York Post that you should go read.
- Washington players know that they haven’t exactly played anybody yet this year
- Our dudes at UW Dawg Pound have Arizona at the bottom of their Pac-12 Power Rankings. Our reader rankings will come out later Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. You can also check out UWDP’s Dots from Monday. They’re talking about us in their comments
- Get ready to see more of Tyrell Johnson running the ball
- We also look at some running backs that the Wildcats might start pursuing in this recruiting cycle given the current circumstances
- The Pearl Harbor unis earned UNISWAG’s uniform of the week award
- What do you think of the all-time Arizona roster on NBA2K?
- Pacific Takes tried to project the conference’s stat leaders, and there are no Arizona players on their list
- We might see a huge jump up in Chance Comanche’s game this year, and he’s now one of the best NBA Draft prospects in the Pac-12
- Basketball’s schedule has been updated again. Why have a schedule release announcement if it just changes three times in a week? Red-Blue is officially at 7 PM on the Friday night before the football game against USC
- The leader of the OSIRIS-REx mission is apparently throwing out the first pitch at a Diamondbacks game on the 30th
- Sierra Vista will no longer have a K-Mart
- The former dean of the College of Pharmacy charged with sexual assault charges suffered a defeat in court
- Tucson is getting a whole bunch of LED lights around town, making the streets brighter at night
- Pizzeria Bianco is closing...for now
Gorgeous ☀️-rise capture #FreeYourself : @owen_rose pic.twitter.com/l9s7V3nQgE— Tucson AZ (@VisitTucsonAZ) September 19, 2016