The 2016 Arizona Wildcats baseball team ended up being a good one in the postseason, but there’s plenty of reason to believe the 2017 version will be even better. Not only will it be Jay Johnson’s second year in Tucson, but the talent influx is at an elite level. On Monday, Collegiate Baseball released its top recruiting classes, and Arizona checks in at No. 4 thanks to six MLB draftees, headlined by Nick Quintana.
"We are honored to receive this ranking from Collegiate Baseball," Johnson said. "We are excited about how this class came together in one year's time, and believe these players will mix well in terms of ability and chemistry with our returning players. I think there is a good blend of immediate impact and future potential that will serve our team well in 2017 and the future.” Unfortunately for Arizona fans, ASU received the top ranking
- There are four Pac-12 teams in Pro Football Focus’ Top 25, and the surprise of the group is ASU at 16
- After struggling to run the ball against Stanford, UCLA will be relying on one running back more moving forward
- What was the most surprising result from the Pac-12 this week?
- Another late night game is coming next week when Arizona and Utah kick off at 7 PM PT
"We ain't called the 'No Fly' for no reason!" - @phillywill11https://t.co/aUAFIYp5Sv— Broncos TV (@BroncosTV) September 26, 2016
- We’ll have more basketball recruiting updates later on Tuesday, but Sean Miller is going hard on Hamidou Diallo according to his high school coach
.@HaleyWag #BucksMediaDay pic.twitter.com/rlXdbr7mFc— Milwaukee Bucks (@Bucks) September 26, 2016
- Former Arizona basketball player Alli Gloyd won the MVP Award of Australia’s Division One Big V League
- Women’s golf remained in 10th place in their tournament in Orlando after round two
- Will Kneale was ever-so-close to winning the Wildcat Invitational
Getting it started. #BearDown pic.twitter.com/BJ1fX6hpUT— Arizona Softball (@UA_Softball) September 26, 2016
- A couple of people are trying to get a skate park built underneath I-10
Our #SundaySunset feature this week comes from Windy Point Vista taken by @seanparkerphoto #TopOfTheWorld pic.twitter.com/zUDlLb9sY5— Tucson AZ (@VisitTucsonAZ) September 26, 2016