The Arizona Wildcats look to improve to 5-0 in conference play Thursday night, and have only lost twice all season. Back in July, people would have probably expected this, but with all of the adversity the team has been through since then, it’s actually quite surprising. So Seth Davis broached Sean Miller being a candidate for National Coach of the Year:
“First of all, let me say that you could make a strong case that Sean Miller is the leading candidate for national coach of the year. Arizona has had to deal with multiple injuries on top of Trier’s ineligibility. Miller’s rotation is basically down to just seven players, three of whom are freshmen, yet here they are, owning a 15–2 record and ranked No. 16 in this week’s AP poll.”
- On the other end of Thursday’s night’s showdown, is Bobby Hurley good for the rivalry?
- If you haven’t seen T.J. McConnell’s game-winner against the Knicks, you should change that
- Michigan State was struggling, but after taking out Minnesota, they now lead the Big Ten
- So USA Today graded every single FBS Team, and Arizona got a D+ for its season. ASU and Oregon got D’s, and UCLA got an F, so at least the Wildcats weren’t the worst?
- Speaking of the Sun Devils, they have a new defensive coordinator
- Paul Magloire Jr. was ranked as the 35th-best edge rusher in the NFL Draft by Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller
- In a not-at-all surprising move, Austin Faoliu decommitted from the Wildcats. There are supposed to be a lot of visitors on campus this weekend, although we’ve had to update it that two of the ones that were supposed to be in Tucson have decided otherwise
- Arizona is ranked 25th in Perfect Game’s preseason poll
- Scott Kingery is a non-roster invitee to Phillies major league camp this spring
- Jim Furyk was named the next Ryder Cup captain for Team USA
- The hockey team is ranked 20th in this week’s ACHA standings. They are hosting Thirsty Thursday at TCC when they play Arkansas
- A new synthetic opioid called “pink” has made its way to Arizona
- A house near Shannon and Orange Grove caught on fire late Wednesday night
- Horse racing is expected to remain at Rillito Park through 2021
- Seems that Tucson has recovered the least from the recession of all major cities in the U.S.
Insane sunset in Gates Pass - Tucson, AZ tonight! @whatsuptucson @KVOA @abc15 #tucson #azwx @TucsonStar @VisitTucsonAZ pic.twitter.com/NQfTYCf412— Sean Parker (@seanparkerphoto) January 12, 2017