It’s Monday, so it’s time to reflect on all that happened surrounding the Arizona Wildcats last week. Let us know in the comment section if we missed anything!
- Arizona began Pac-12 play on Sunday against Arizona State, and they made a statement. The ‘Cats, led by 24 points from redshirt sophomore Aari McDonald and some suffocating defense, beat No. 17 ASU, 51-39.
- The ‘Cats are now 11-1 and winners of 10 straight. After beating up a weak non-conference schedule, the win over ASU showed the Wildcats are capable of beating some of the top teams in the country.
- They will look to keep the momentum going against the Rocky Mountain schools this week, first stopping in Boulder on Friday to battle the Buffalos, then heading to Salt Lake City on Sunday to face Utah.
- We have a preview of all the Pac-12 teams and how UA stacks up against them.
- The Adia Barnes radio show begins its third year next Monday.
UA Athletics at large
- As 2018 comes to its end, we look back at the brightest stars that illuminated Tucson during the year.
- Then we took a look at the UA athletes poised to grab the spotlight in 2019.
- Former UA coach Rich Rodriguez is expected to become the new offensive coordinator at Ole Miss.
- Despite not making the All-Pac-12 team — only being an honorable mention — Colin Schooler got some love from PFF, who tweeted that Schooler led all Pac-12 linebackers in QB pressures with 25.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Kurtis Brown announced Monday that he is transferring. He played in two games this season for UA. Brown is the second player to transfer in the last few weeks as Nathan Eldridge announced he was leaving to Oregon State.
- Nick Foles continues to grow his mythic status, leading the Eagles over to a win over the Washington Redskins, 24-0, to clinch a spot in the NFC Playoffs. Foles went 28 for 33 for 221 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. At one point he completed 25 passes in a row, tying the NFL record. Philly is 3-0 since Foles took over for the injured Carson Wentz. However, Foles left in the third quarter with bruised ribs. The Eagles will face the Bears next weekend.
- Arizona (9-4) hosts Colorado on Thursday to begin Pac-12 after nearly two weeks off.
- We took a look at some of the burning questions facing the Wildcats as they enter conference play.
- We went over the non-conference schedule with a fine-tooth comb to give you the best and worst development from each of those games.
- Jason “the Jet” Terry is joining the Pac-12 Network as an analyst.
- Will Arizona make the NCAA Tournament? We answered that question as a staff. We also predicted what the UA’s conference record will be. We were quite divided.
- UCLA is reportedly parting ways with head coach Steve Alford.
- Deandre Ayton has been crushing it the past several games.