Baseball and softball seasons don’t begin until February, but Arizona’s squads in both sports are in the midst of their fall “seasons” that are mostly comprised of training and practices. There’s also a handful of exhibition games, and six will be open to the public.
The UA announced Tuesday that one baseball game and five softball games will be open over the next two weekends, with free admission for every contest:
Baseball (at Hi Corbett Field)
- Sunday, Oct. 24 vs. Air Force (11 a.m. MST)
Softball (at Hillenbrand Stadium)
- Friday, Oct. 29 vs. Central Arizona (4 p.m. MST)
- Friday, Oct. 29 vs. Arizona Western (6 p.m. MST)
- Saturday, Oct. 30 vs. Phoenix College (3 p.m. MST)
- Saturday, Oct. 30 vs. Eastern Arizona (3 p.m. MST)
- Sunday, Oct. 31 vs. Pima College (2 p.m. MST)
There will be no concessions available at either venue, but fans are allowed to bring in their own food and non-alcoholic beverages. Restrooms will also be open at each venue.
Parking is free around Hi Corbett, while for softball there’s paid parking in Cherry Garage on Oct. 29-30 while it’s free on Oct. 31. The UA is hosting Band Day on Oct. 30, which will lead to increased traffic and parking capacity around campus.
Arizona baseball has already played one exhibition, falling to the Obregon Yaquis of the Mexican Pacific League on Oct. 4, and the Wildcats are also set to play an exhibition Oct. 30 at UNLV.