Ahead of college baseball starting today, USA Baseball released their 60-man preseason Golden Spikes watch list. One Arizona Wildcat player has made the cut, and that is sophomore shortstop Kevin Newman.
I've talked about it here how coming into this season, Newman is the new leader of this team offensively, and will likely be the leadoff hitter this season. His great freshman season and exceptional summer have led to the national recognition.
Joining Newman are nine other Pac-12 players. They are: RHP David Berg (UCLA), IF Alex Blandino (Stanford), RHP Ryan Burr (ASU), OF Michael Conforto (Oregon St.), OF Dylan Davis (Oregon St.), LHP Ryan Kellogg (ASU), RHP Andrew Moore (Oregon St.), LHP Tommy Thorpe (Oregon), and LHP Ben Wetzler (Oregon St.)
If anything, this list shows why Oregon St. is the overwhelming favorite in the conference this season, and why ASU's pitching staff is the deepest in the conference.
- Arizona baseball: Wildcats start the season against Kent State
- Arizona Baseball 2014 preview: Veterans in the outfield
- Arizona basketball: Aaron Gordon's 2014 NBA Draft upside
- Getting to know Kent State Baseball with Hustle Belt
- Arizona football: NCCA rule change proposal irks Rich Rodriguez
- Arizona Baseball 2014 preview: The Infield: Serious competition at the corners
- Arizona baseball 2014 preview: The Pitching Staff