With the possibility of two Arizona Wildcats being selected in the first round of this year's MLB Draft, here's how you can watch it and more.
Date: Monday, June 8th
Time: 4 PM PT
TV: MLB Network
Be sure to check out some of my pictures from the last two years of both Kevin Newman and Scott Kingery, as well as read their draft profiles.
Kevin Newman Mock Draft Predictions
- ESPN.com - 10th to the Philadelphia Phillies
- Baseball America - 23rd to the St. Louis Cardinals
- MLB.com - 20th to the Oakland Athletics
Scott Kingery Mock Draft Projections
- ESPN - 25th to the Baltimore Orioles
- Baseball America - 34th to the Detroit Tigers
- MLB - 26th to the Los Angeles Angels
The MLB Draft is a weird place though, with teams trying to make the most out of their slot values to sign as many picks as possible. This is also a relatively weak draft, with no generational players in it, so the probability of teams doing weird things is even higher than normal.
Arizona has not had a player drafted in the first round since 2008, when they actually had two players taken (Ryan Perry and Daniel Schlereth). So this isn't something that happens too often, and is definitely worth tuning in for.