After losing to the Oklahoma State Cowboys 1-0 on Monday, the Arizona Wildcats will now have to win two against OSU to advance to the College World Series final.
Here are some quick things you should know about Friday’s game:
- First pitch is scheduled for Noon PT on ESPN2.
- Arizona will start Nathan Bannister, while OSU will throw freshman RHP Jensen Elliott, who has an ERA of 3.27 this year, and is 9-2 overall
- Arizona will be the "road" team
- In seven postseason games, the Cowboys have given up a total of six runs in seven games, never allowing more than two runs in any one game
- In three games in Omaha, Arizona has given up two runs
- After Wednesday’s game, teams had a combined ERA of 1.98 at this year’s College World Series
- The Wildcats are 4-0 in elimination games in this year’s postseason
- Monday’s game against OSU was the only time that UA hadn’t scored first in eight games played at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha all-time
- Jared Oliva is riding a five-game hitting streak after entering these last five games hitting just .236 all season. He also has just one of seven home runs through the first nine games of the CWS
- Opponents are 4-for-39 against Arizona with runners on base in the CWS
- Friday night’s game will feature TCU and the winner of Thursday’s Coastal Carolina/Texas Tech matchup
- If Arizona were to win Friday’s game, Saturday’s game time would not be set until it is known if there will need to be one or two games played on Saturday