USA Basketball is currently holding training camp for the Pan American Games team, and Kaleb Tarczewski has been named one of 16 finalists.
The original group of players was at 21, so Tarczewski beat out five other guys to make this round of cuts.
Here's the complete 16-man roster for right now:
- Ron Baker (Wichita State/Scott City, Kan.)
- Malcolm Brogdon (Virginia/Atlanta, Ga.)
- Bobby Brown (Dongguan Leopards, China/Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Isaiah Cousins (Oklahoma/Mount Vernon, N.Y.)
- Kellen Dunham (Butler/ Pendleton, Ind.)
- Nigel Hayes (Wisconsin/Toledo, Ohio)
- Ryan Hollins (Sacramento Kings/Pasadena, Calif.)
- Keith Langford (UNICS Kazan, Russia/Fort Worth, Texas)
- Shawn Long (Louisiana/Morgan City, La.)
- Taurean Prince (Baylor/San Antonio, Texas)
- Anthony Randolph (Lokomotiv-Kuban, Russia/ Pasadena, Calif.)
- Kaleb Tarczewski (Arizona/Claremont, N.H.)
- Romelo Trimble (Maryland/Upper Marlboro, Md.)
- Denzel Valentine (Michigan State/Lansing, Mich.)
- Fred Van Vleet (Wichita State/Rockford, Ill.)
- Damien Wilkins (Indios de Mayagüez, Puerto Rico/Orlando, Fla.)
The head coach of this team is Gonzaga's Mark Few. His assistant coaches are Colorado's Tad Boyle and former NBA coach Mike Brown.
The only other center on this list besides Tarczewski is Ryan Hollins, although Anthony Randolph is listed at 6-11. The roster actually has Kaleb listed at 6-0, which is an unfortunate loss of height for him this offseason.
The final 12-man roster will be announced on or before July 12th. The actual competition takes place July 21-25 in Toronto, Canada.