#arizonawildcats have finalized series with Alabama. First game Dec. 9, 2017 at McKale. Second game Dec. 9, 2018 at Tuscaloosa.— Bruce Pascoe (@BrucePascoe) June 8, 2017
This was also the final date that Arizona had to set for its non-conference schedule. Here’s a look at the entire thing minus the opponents they’ll see at the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Nov. 10 — vs. Northern Arizona
- Nov. 12 — vs. UMBC
- Nov. 16 — Cal State Bakersfield
- Nov. 22 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 23 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 24 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 29 — vs. Long Beach State
- Dec. 2 — at UNLV
- Dec. 5 — vs. Texas A&M (in Phoenix)
- Dec. 9 — vs. Alabama
- Dec. 16 — at New Mexico
- Dec. 18 — vs. North Dakota State
- Dec. 21 — vs. Connecticut
This year’s Battle 4 Atlantis field includes: Arizona, Villanova, Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, SMU, Western Kentucky, and Northern Iowa.
Outside of those potential opponents, the Wildcats do not face a non-conference foe that finished with an RPI of better than 59 last season (Cal State Bakersfield). Villanova, Purdue, and SMU were all top-18 teams in the final RPI.
So now that it’s set, what do you make of the schedule? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Let’s make sure we all go to The Bahamas so we can see some good teams?