For the second consecutive year, the Arizona Wildcats will unofficially begin their basketball season with a Friday Red-Blue Game.
On Friday, the team announced that the game will take place on Friday, October 20th in McKale Center. No time was announced with it, but it’s likely to take place at night.
Unlike last year, this game will not be combined with a home football game the next day. Arizona football is on the road the following day, taking on the California Golden Bears in Berkeley.
Tickets for the Red-Blue Game will go on sale at 10 AM on Saturday, July 22nd on ArizonaWildcats.com. However, according to Bruce Pascoe, all tickets will be reserved again.
This announcement came with the official release of the non-conference schedule, which was already known on Thursday with the addition of the Alabama Crimson Tide.
So here’s a look at all of the games (all times and TV TBA):
- Oct. 20 — Red-Blue Game
- Nov. 1 — Eastern New Mexico (exhibition)
- Nov. 5 — Chico State (exhibition)
- Nov. 10 — vs. Northern Arizona
- Nov. 12 — vs. UMBC
- Nov. 16 — vs. Cal State Bakersfield
- Nov. 22 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 23 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 24 — Battle 4 Atlantis
- Nov. 29 — vs. Long Beach State
- Dec. 2 — at UNLV
- Dec. 5 — vs. Texas A&M (in Phoenix - Talking Stick Resort Arena)
- Dec. 9 — vs. Alabama
- Dec. 16 — at New Mexico
- Dec. 18 — vs. North Dakota State
- Dec. 21 — vs. Connecticut