The NBA’s Orlando Summer League kicks off Saturday morning and two former Arizona Wildcats will be in action on the first day of the event.
Gabe York will suit up for the Charlotte Hornets and Brandon Ashley will play for the Dallas Mavericks.
Here’s when they will take the court. All games will be broadcast on NBATV:
Charlotte Hornets vs. Miami Heat — 8 a.m. PST
- This is York’s second straight summer with the Hornets. The 6-foot-2 guard averaged 9.8 points in Orlando Summer League last year.
- The Hornets’ full roster can be found here.
New York Knicks vs. Dallas Mavericks, 12 p.m. PST
- This is Ashley’s second stint with the Mavericks in Orlando Summer League. Last season he averaged 10 points and 8 rebounds per game with Dallas.
- The Mavericks’ full roster can be found here.
There are two other games being played Saturday, though neither includes a former Wildcat. You can see the full schedule here.
Orlando Summer League runs through July 6. Here are some unique rules that are used in the summer circuit:
- Four 10-minute quarters
- Eight-minute halftime
- Teams are in the penalty on the 10th team foul or second in the last two minutes
- Players foul out on their 10th personal foul
- Two-minute overtime period (if necessary)
- The second overtime period is sudden death (first team to score a point wins)
Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire