After playing in the first two days of Orlando Summer League, Gabe York and the Charlotte Hornets are off Monday.
York has played 23 minutes through two games, averaging 2.5 points on 2-7 shooting. Charlotte returns to action Tuesday at 2 p.m. PST against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Brandon Ashley and the Dallas Mavericks are in action Monday as they take on the Orlando Magic at 12 p.m. PST on NBATV.
Ashley did not play in the Mavericks’ Orlando Summer League opener on Saturday. Ashley and York both have games on Tuesday.
A year ago on July 3, York dropped 18 points against the Indiana Pacers:
Orlando Summer League runs through July 6.
Utah Summer League begins!
- Utah Summer League starts Monday and two Arizona Wildcats are participating in that, even though it’s only a four-team event.
- Kadeem Allen will be suiting up for the Boston Celtics and Kaleb Tarczewski will play for the Philadelphia 76ers. They face each other at 4 p.m. PST and it will be televised on NBATV.
- Allen will likely be asked to guard former Washington guard Markelle Fultz at times. We know how that worked out a few months ago.
Unique rules in Summer League
Here are some unique rules that are used in Summer League:
- Four 10-minute quarters
- Eight-minute halftime
- Teams are in the penalty on the 10th team foul or second in the last two minutes
- Players foul out on their 10th personal foul
- Two-minute overtime period (if necessary)
- The second overtime period is sudden death (first team to score a point wins)
Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire