Las Vegas Summer League is here.
The competition, which a record 24 NBA teams will participating in, begins Friday, July 7 and runs through Monday, July 17, and features several former Arizona Wildcats.
Here’s the entire list of ex-Wildcats involved, along with the team they will be representing:
- Gabe York, Los Angeles Lakers
- Nick Johnson, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kaleb Tarczewski, Philadelphia 76ers
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Brooklyn Nets
- Lauri Markkanen, Chicago Bulls
- Kobi Simmons, Memphis Grizzlies
- Kadeem Allen, Boston Celtics
The full schedule for Las Vegas Summer League can be found here.
In total, there will be 67 games played during the 11-day span. Most teams are comprised of first- and second-year players with a few older (usually fringe NBA players) sprinkled in.
This will be the second Summer League appearance for York, Tarczewski, and Allen this July.
York played for the Charlotte Hornets in Orlando Summer League, while Tarczewski and Allen played for the Sixers and Celtics, respectively, in Utah Summer League.
- Jud Buechler is the head coach for the Lakers in Summer League. Miles Simon is one of his assistants.
- While T.J. McConnell won’t be playing in Las Vegas, the third-year player will serve as an “unofficial mentor” for the Sixers’ Summer League squad.
- Chance Comanche is not listed on any Summer League rosters.
- Grant Jerrett was reportedly going to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers in NBA Summer League, but he is not listed on their roster.
Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire