The Arizona Wildcats’ roster has started to take shape after the additions of Ryan Luther, Devonaire Doutrive, and Omar Thielemans, but they can still add up to four more scholarship players this offseason.
So let’s take a look at what Arizona has so far, what needs remain, and who’s left on the market that can fill them.
PG: Alex Barcello
SG: Brandon Randolph/Dylan Smith/Devonaire Doutrive
SF: Emmanuel Akot/Omar Thielemans
PF: Ira Lee/Ryan Luther
C: Chase Jeter
*The order at each position is arbitrary
- Point guard/shot creator
- Frontcourt depth
- Defensive mettle
*the order is subjective, but this is mine
Remaining targets (click on their names for more info)
- 3-star center Lukas Kisunas
- 5-star forward Jordan Brown
- 5-star point guard Brandon Williams
- Unranked forward Parker Braun
- 3-star wing Emmitt Matthews Jr.
- Samford graduate transfer point guard Justin Coleman
- Robert Morris transfer shooting guard Dachon Burke*
- Kennesaw State transfer shooting guard James Scott*
- UNC Asheville transfer shooting guard MaCio Teague*
If we left someone off this list, let us know!
*have to sit out the 2018-19 season
Most likely additions?
Kisunas visited Arizona this past weekend and Coleman is set to visit Wednesday, so the Wildcats appear to be in good shape with them.
Williams narrowed his list to Arizona, Oregon, and Gonzaga last week (possibly in that order?), so he’s another one that UA has a solid chance of landing. The others? Arizona has either offered (Brown, Braun, etc.) or has reported interest in (Teague, Burke, etc.). No visits are scheduled at this time.
Who do you want Arizona to land? Who do you think it will land?