It might be the offseason, but June is proving to be a busy month for the Arizona Wildcats. Here is what happened this past week.
Let us know in the comment section if we missed anything.
- Our Kim Doss took a deep look at the 2019-20 roster, including what the five international recruits can bring to the table. Overall, it’s a roster good enough to get Arizona back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005.
- Our Christian Mortensen handed out some 2019 grades to Arizona baseball’s infielders. Stay turned for grades for the outfielders and pitchers.
- We took a look at how former Wildcats are doing in the MLB as well as two guys who are killing it in the minors.
- We caught up with former UA ace Danielle O’Toole to talk about the NPF, the 2020 Olympics, her favorite In-N-Out order, and lots, lots more.
- Two Arizona softball commits made USA Today’s All-USA High School Team
- Sophomore forward Brooke Wilson is tearing up the WPSL, with six goals and three assists in seven games with San Diego Surf. Three other current UA players star for that team. We talked to Wilson about that and the interesting workings of the WPSL.
- The Women’s World Cup is in full swing and one of UA midfielder Kelcey Cavarra’s best friends, Mal Pugh, plays for the U.S. Women’s National Team. We talked to her about that. and got her thoughts on the criticism the USWNT has received for celebrating.
- Arizona officially released its non-conference schedule this week. A couple months ago we got our hands on the whole thing, which you can find here.
Track and Field
- Arizona is sending two athletes to the U20 Pan American Championships—PJ Austin and James Smith—which begin on July 18 in San José, Costa Rica.
- Arizona added Robert Wooten, a 3-star defensive end from Texas.
- Staying with recruiting, our experts broke down o-line commit Josh Baker.
- 4-star defensive end Jason Harris, who has a long list of UA connections, took his official visit.
- Athlon Sports ranked Arizona as the ninth-best team in the Pac-12.
- Four-star recruit Terry Armstrong decided to go pro instead of enrolling at Arizona. We took a look at what the roster now looks like without him.
- The Suns made a questionable draft pick, but it could help Arizona land Puff Johnson, one of its top 2020 recruiting targets.
- Jason Terry, Mike Bibby, and Gilbert Arenas are playing in the Big 3 this summer.
- Brandon Randolph went undrafted as expected, but will play for the Minnesota Timberwolves in NBA Summer League.
- In general, it was a rough draft night for the Pac-12, which saw several underclassmen go undrafted.
- Before the draft, the Pelicans traded Solomon Hill to the Atlanta Hawks.
- 5-star guard Devin Askew unofficially visited Arizona on Thursday.
- Arizona freshman Zeke Nnaji is one of 18 finalists for the Team USA U19 World Cup team.
- We looked at how transfers have fared after leaving Arizona during the Sean Miller era.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is hitting the free agent market.
- Arizona’s coaching staff watched a bunch of recruits at the Section 7 Team Camp in Phoenix including.... Askew, 2020 guard Daishen Nix, 2020 forward Osasere Ighodaro, 2021 guard Jaden Hardy, 2022 guard Skyy Clark, 2021 forward Daron Holmes, 2022 guard Richard Isaacs Jr., and 2021 shooting guard Will McClendon.