Arizona Wildcats men’s basketball practices are typically closed off from media and the public, making it nearly impossible for anyone outside the program to know exactly what transpires behind the curtain.
Sometimes exceptions are made. Stadium was able to get access to Arizona’s Jan. 5 practice leading up to the Oregon trip, and used the opportunity to mic up head coach Sean Miller.
Here is the 4:54 clip:
Some things to note...
- Miller instructs Josh Green to be more aggressive going to the rim instead of settling for 3s. “Just take uncontested wide-open 3s,” Miller said. “You’re going to make those.”
- Two fists in the air by an Oregon assistant = matchup zone.
- Nico Mannion is wearing the gold jersey, meaning he was the team’s best player in practice the week prior.
- Handling press defense seemed to be a big emphasis.
- At the end, Miller appears to be talking to Mannion about the importance of getting the ball inside to the big guys.