Before Monday the only thing we didn’t know about Arizona’s Pac-12 women’s basketball schedule is when and where it would play.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the conference shifted from its traditional 18-game conference schedule to a 22-game double round-robin that will pit all 12 teams against each other twice. (Say goodbye to those unbalanced schedules).
That is great news for women’s basketball fans as the Pac-12 is expected to be incredibly deep this season. Stanford (2), Arizona (7), UCLA (9) and Oregon (10) are all ranked in the AP Top 10, while Oregon State (18) is in the Top 20 and Arizona State is just outside the Top 25.
You can see the full conference schedule below, sans specific times, dates and broadcast info, which will be announced at a later date.
Arizona will welcome USC and UCLA right off the bat and continue the homestand the following week by welcoming ASU. Nine of UA’s first 13 conference games are in McKale Center, which could be considered a bad thing since fans aren’t allowed at games until at least January due to conference policy.
As for Arizona’s non-conference schedule, that remains a huge work in progress. As of last Friday, the Wildcats only have one game scheduled—a Nov. 29 home game against NAU.
Arizona saw its first and third games of the season (vs. Cal State Northridge and Hawaii) get shelved due to COVID-10. That has UA head coach Adia Barnes taking to social media to try to fill those spots.
“We are looking for two basketball games at Arizona,” she wrote on Twitter. “Text me if you are interested. We just had two games canceled due to Covid. The possible dates are 11/25, 11/27, 12/1, 12/13, 12/14, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/27.”
The 2020-21 Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Schedule
- Colorado/Utah at Oregon/Oregon State
- UCLA/USC at Arizona/Arizona State
- Washington/Washington State at California/Stanford
- Arizona State at Arizona
- Oregon at Oregon State
- Stanford at California
- UCLA at USC
- Utah at Colorado
- Washington State at Washington
- Arizona/Arizona State at Colorado/Utah
- California/Stanford at UCLA/USC
- Oregon/Oregon State at Washington/Washington State
- California/Stanford at Arizona/Arizona State
- UCLA/USC at Oregon/Oregon State
- Washington/Washington State at Colorado/Utah
- Arizona/Arizona State at Washington/Washington State
- Colorado/Utah at UCLA/USC
- Oregon/Oregon State at Stanford/California
- California/Stanford at Colorado/Utah
- Oregon/Oregon State at Arizona/Arizona State
- Washington/Washington State at UCLA/USC
- Colorado/Utah at Arizona/Arizona State
- UCLA/USC at California/Stanford
- Washington/Washington State at Oregon/Oregon State
Jan. 29-Feb. 1
- Arizona/Arizona State at UCLA/USC
- California/Stanford at Washington/Washington State
- Oregon/Oregon State at Colorado/Utah
- Arizona/Arizona State at Oregon/Oregon State
- Colorado/Utah at California/Stanford
- UCLA/USC at Washington/Washington State
- California/Stanford at Oregon/Oregon State
- UCLA/USC at Colorado/Utah
- Washington/Washington State at Arizona/Arizona State
- Arizona/Arizona State at California/Stanford
- Colorado/Utah at Washington/Washington State
- Oregon/Oregon State at UCLA/USC
Feb. 26-March 1
- Arizona at Arizona State
- California at Stanford
- Colorado at Utah
- Oregon State at Oregon
- USC at UCLA
- Washington at Washington State