In today’s version of Who Are they Targeting Now? the Arizona Wildcats have reportedly reached out to Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones, the Big South Player of the Year, according to ESPN’s Jeff Borzello.
The 6-foot-1 guard averaged 20.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists for the Highlanders this season, shooting 48.8 percent from the field and 40.9 percent from 3.
Predictably, he has a long list of suitors, including Oregon:
New schools to reach out to Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones include Oregon, Michigan State, Illinois, Wake Forest, Arizona, Temple and Wright State, source told ESPN. https://t.co/RqUgDbVBxm— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) March 26, 2020
Jones also joins a long list of transfers the Wildcats have reached out to. The others being...
- Utah Valley’s Isaiah White and Long Beach State’s Joshua Morgan
- UNLV grad transfer Amauri Hardy
- Columbia grad transfer Mike Smith, the Ivy League’s leading scorer
- Virginia Tech’s Landers Nolley
- Gardner-Webb elite shooter Nate Johnson
- Santa Clara’s Trey Wertz and Illinois’ Alan Griffin
The Wildcats have several scholarship spots they need to fill assuming Nico Mannion, Josh Green and Zeke Nnaji all declare for the NBA Draft.