Arizona guard Dalen Terry was among the 26 players in Fort Worth this weekend trying out for the 2021 USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team. However, after four practices in two days, he was not among the 17 finalists to make the first round of cuts.
Those 17 players, as announced by USA Basketball, are:
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. (Hamilton H.S./Sussex, Wis.)
- Kendall Brown (Sunrise Christian Academy /Cottage Grove, Minn.)
- Kennedy Chandler (Sunrise Christian Academy/Memphis, Tenn.)
- Jonathan Davis (Wisconsin/La Crosse, Wis.)
- Caleb Furst (Blackhawk Christian School/Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- Jordan Hall (Texas A&M/Wildwood, N.J.)
- Chet Holmgren (Minnehaha Academy/Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Harrison Ingram (St. Mark’s School/Dallas, Texas)
- Jaden Ivey (Purdue /South Bend, Ind.)
- Ryan Kalkbrenner (Creighton/St. Louis, Mo.)
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. (Louisiana Tech/Port Arthur, Texas)
- Mike Miles (TCU/Lancaster, Texas)
- Adam Miller (Louisiana State/Chicago, Ill.)
- Trey Patterson (Villanova /Somerset, N.J.); .)
- Deivon Smith (Georgia Tech/Loganville, Ga.)
- Jabari Walker (Colorado/Inglewood, Calif.)
- Peyton Watson (Long Beach Poly Tech H.S./Long Beach, Calif).
The group will be narrowed down to 12 players prior to the Team USA’s June 28 departure for Latvia. The actual event runs from July 3-11. Sixteen countries will be participating. Current UA players like Azuolas and Tautvilas Tubelis (Latvia), Oumar Ballo (Mali) and Bennedict Mathurin (Canada) could be there. Mathurin is one of 19 players training with Canada’s Senior National Team, which is hosting a FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament from June 29-July 4.
19 athletes participating in Senior Men's National Team camp ahead of FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.— Canada Basketball (@CanBball) June 21, 2021
Read more: https://t.co/BLCtzOpDW4#FIBAOQT pic.twitter.com/LVIM95im9i