Getting the sweep in the state of Oregon is no mean feat. Can Arizona women’s basketball get the job done for the first time since the 2010-11 season?
Last year, Arizona got the season sweep over the Oregon Ducks, winning by 16 in Tucson and by 20 in Matthew Knight Arena. They didn’t get the chance to go for the road sweep of Oregon and Oregon State during the 2020-21 season because the game against the Beavers was postponed. After the last-second shot by Shaina Pellington lifted the Wildcats to a win in Corvallis on Thursday, the Wildcats have the opportunity this season.
Let’s talk about it!
Game details for No. 7 Arizona (12-1, 2-1) @ Oregon (7-5, 1-1)
When and where: The game will tip off at 3:30 p.m. MST on Saturday, Jan. 15 at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Ore.
TV: The game is scheduled to air on Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Oregon.
In-game stats: Stats are available at Arizona Live Stats.
Oregon is not ranked in either national poll. The Ducks are No. 16 in the NET and No. 13 according to Her Hoops Stats.
Projections: For the first time this season, Her Hoop Stats does not project Arizona to emerge the winner. Oregon has a 58.9 percent win probability because the game is being played in Eugene. The stats service projects that Arizona would win if the game was played in McKale Center (67.6 percent) or on a neutral court (54.6 percent).
How to follow: Follow us on Twitter @AZDesertSwarm or on our Facebook page for regular coverage during the week. For live tweets during games and other coverage, follow our deputy editor on Twitter @KimDoss71.
Our recent coverage
- Our preview of Arizona at Oregon
- Strong second half by Shaina Pellington lifts Arizona to win over Oregon State
- Arizona tries to bounce back from its first loss with visit to Oregon State
- Adia Barnes’ weekly press conference (including video)
- Arizona commits Maya Nnaji and Paris Clark make the Naismith Trophy midseason team
- Checking where Arizona stands in the NET and Her Hoops Stats’ rankings
- Arizona slips to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 after first loss of the season