1. Oregon Ducks -- : Maybe the Ducks are simply a bad matchup against Arizona. Oregon made gravy out of UCLA's defense until 20 points in the fourth quarter made the score more respectable. Or maybe the game said more about the Bruins. In any case, Mark Helfrich's team isn't in a freefall. Still a lot for the Ducks to play for.
2. Stanford Cardinal ↑↑ : Both the passing game and the running game were working against Wazzu in a 34-17 win. The Cardinal need confidence on the offensive side of the ball -- however that comes shouldn't be a worry.
3. Arizona Wildcats ↓↓: Luck caught up with Arizona, and there were issues from injury (the ground game especially suffered) to miscues. Should the Wildcats have won? Up for debate. What we do know is they were right in it until the very end against a really talented but often times inconsistent team.
4. Utah Utes -- : Ain't no hurtin' the Utes on a bye week.
5. USC Trojans ↑↑: USC somehow gave Arizona a chance to win, which is exactly why ASU beat them with a Hail Mary a week back and why they're still not very untrustworthy. Still, they make a leap up after last week's fall.
6. Arizona State Sun Devils -- : ASU remains steady while sitting out this week.
7. UCLA Bruins ↓↓: They're already talking about salvaging a season in Los Angeles.
8. Washington Huskies ↑↑: There might be something here with the Huskies. We don't have a great deal of evidence about how good or bad this team is since it lost 20-13 to Stanford and beat up on Cal 31-7 on Saturday -- those games were sandwiching a bye week. Washington plays Oregon next and has a relatively favorable schedule after that.
9. California Golden Bears ↓↓: Turnovers and mistakes cost California against Washington. These things happen to young teams.
10. Oregon State Beavers -- : The Beavers were off this week but probably can put themselves right in the mix with every squad 2-10. Still, it's hard to give them a lot of credit having clipped Colorado and gotten squashed by USC so far.
11. Colorado Buffaloes -- : Colorado was also off but next face the USC squad that might be set up for a letdown after dropping Arizona. It'll be tough to move up playing in The Coliseum, however.
12. Washington State Cougars -- : It's not like the Cougs' schedule has been easy to start conference play, but that's why losing to Rutgers and Nevada to begin the year is so painful, as was losing 60-59 to Cal two weeks back.