The Arizona Wildcats have announced Kevin Sumlin’s assistant coaching staff in a press release Tuesday.
Here is the staff in its entirety. You can read more about each coach here.
- Noel Mazzone — offensive coordinator/quarterbacks
- Clarence McKinney — running backs
- Joe Gilbert — offensive line
- Taylor Mazzone — outside receivers
- Theron Aych — inside receivers
- Jeremy Springer — special teams coordinator
- Marcel Yates — defensive coordinator/linebackers
- Demetrice Martin — cornerbacks
- John Rushing — safeties
- Iona Uiagalelei — defensive line
- Chuck Cecil — senior analyst
“This is an outstanding staff that I am excited to introduce to our players, their families and our fans,” Sumlin said in a statement.
“It’s important to me that each of our coaches be strong recruiters, while being the best at developing players on and off the field. Each of these assistant coaches are accomplished in those areas, and I am looking forward to our first season together.”
We already knew about nine of these assistants, so the last unknown was Taylor Mazzone, Noel’s son, who will be coaching outside receivers.
Yates coached the secondary last season, but is returning to coach the linebackers in 2018 which is what he did in 2016.
One thing Arizona fans will surely like is the retention of Cecil as a defensive analyst. The UA legend joined the staff prior to the 2017 season, but it was unclear if he was going to return in 2018.
While no tight ends coach is listed, Springer helped coach that position the last three years at Texas A&M as a quality control assistant.
Again, each coach is detailed here where you can read up on them.