It’s Monday, which means it’s time to recap another week of Arizona Wildcats athletics. Let us know in the comment section if we missed anything!
- The Wildcats had a successful homestand, splitting against No. 10 UCLA and No. 6 USC to improve to 7-3 overall and 1-2 in the Pac-12.
- Arizona routed the Bruins 3-0 on Thursday, just the second time the Wildcats have ever beaten the Bruins.
- Brooke Wilson made SportsCenter’s Top 10 with this banger:
Yeahhhhhh Brookie! @brookiiew231’s stunning goal makes it on @SportsCenter #SCtop10‼️ pic.twitter.com/7ONRDrRyS4— Arizona Soccer (@ArizonaSoccer) October 4, 2019
- Arizona could not find the back of the net Sunday, losing to USC 1-0. But the Wildcats outshot the Trojans 12-11, a good sign for their defense.
- Arizona heads to the Pacific Northwest for road games against Washington State and Washington. The Cougars were ranked No. 9 last week.
- The Wildcats were swept by No. 20 Utah on Friday, then swept Colorado on Sunday to improve to 11-5 overall and 1-3 in the Pac-12. They head to the Bay Area to face No. 3 Stanford and No. 19 California. With some key injuries and outside-hitting struggles, Arizona’s NCAA Tournament chances don’t look good right now.
- We caught up with freshman Birna Benonysdottir, a post player from Iceland. Apparently Icelandic hot dogs are all the rage.
- Shaina Pellington’s time at Oklahoma didn’t end on good terms, but the transfer is getting a second chance at Arizona, and certainly has the talent to make it a special one.
- Senior catcher Dejah Mulipola made the 2020 US Olympic team, which means she will not play for Arizona this season.
- Freshman Vivian Hou was named Pac-12 Golfer of the Month after a strong outing at the ANNIKA Intercollegiate.
- Khalil Tate returned from injury and threw for a career-high 404 yards to lead the Wildcats to a 35-30 victory over Colorado—and into sole possession of first place in the Pac-12 South, now sitting at 4-1 overall and 2-0 in the Pac.
- Here are a bunch of takeaways from the game, including Arizona proving it can beat a decent team on the road.
- Kevin Sumlin discussed J.J. Taylor’s health and various other topics after the Colorado game.
- Here were the positives and negatives from the win.
- Arizona picked up votes in the AP and coaches polls after win at Colorado
- Vegas has tabbed Arizona as a heavy home underdog vs. Washington
- The Baylor game will tip off very early.
- Pac-12 media day is Tuesday. Sean Miller, Nico Mannion and Josh Green will be representing the Wildcats in San Francisco. The preseason media poll will be released that day as well. Where do you think Arizona will be selected?