It’s Monday which means it’s time to recap another week of Arizona Wildcats athletics. Let us know in the comment section if we missed anything.
- Arizona made a big-time hire by bringing in Oregon State pitching coach Nate Yeskie, who’s helped the Beavers emerge as arguably the top program in the West over the last decade or so. UA’s pitching has been a major weakness the past two seasons, and it will be interesting to see what kind of impact Yeskie can make from the get-go.
- 25-year-old Louis Boyd is now the manager of the Mariners’ Single-A team.
- Nick Hundley got released by the A’s.
- Sophomore catcher Kobe Kato raked this summer:
- Taylor McQuillin changed course, and will now be a graduate assistant at Arkansas next season.
- Read about freshman and Tucson native Hope Hisey, who will be one of two goalkeepers fighting for the starting job this fall. Her father, Jason, pitched for the Wildcats from 1987 to 1991.
- Arizona’s top recruit never made it to campus.
- Five-star recruit Lauren Ware was on an official visit to Arizona this weekend.
- Adam explained why Kevin Sumlin deserves your patience.
- Arizona was picked to finish fifth in the Pac-12 South in the preseason media poll.
- Colin Schooler and J.J. Taylor made the Pac-12 preseason all-conference team
- Here’s the transcript of Kevin Sumlin’s press conference from Pac-12 Media Day.
- Sumlin later provided an update on the eligibility status of defensive linemen Kane Bradford and Trevon Mason.
- Sumlin wants to see more consistency from his team this season.
- Earl Mitchell signed with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Khalil Tate’s improved maturity, relationship with Kevin Sumlin gives Arizona hope for a better 2019.
- Expectations are high for edge rusher Jalen Harris this season.
- Arizona will be naming its outdoor practice fields after the late Dick Tomey.
- Our staff made some pre-fall camp record predictions.
- Arizona opened training camp Friday. Watch what Sumlin and Jace Whittaker had to say afterwards.
- Whittaker has a different perspective on the game after missing almost the entire 2018 season with injuries.
- Arizona’s improved size stood out on the first day.
- So did Jamarye Joiner’s first reps as a wide receiver.
- Arizona added Richmond transfer Samari Springs, the son of former Pro Bowl defensive back Shawn Springs.
- Hear what Marcel Yates and Colin Schooler had to say after the second day of practice.
- Entering his fourth season as defensive coordinator, Yates has no excuses anymore. Arizona’s defense needs to improve.
- Here are the notable roster additions and changes entering the 2019 season.
- Arizona picked up its first 2020 commit in the form of Dalen Terry, a four-star, playmaking wing.
- Arizona made the cut for 5-star combo guard Nimari Burnett.
- The Pac-12 pairings and dates were announced. The Wildcats play ASU twice in January.
- Sports Illustrated has Arizona No. 2 in its Pac-12 Power Rankings.
- Josh Green is getting healthy and putting on a lot of weight heading into his freshman season.
- Chase Budinger won a championship....as a beach volleyball player.
- Chase Jeter’s Jay Z impression, um, needs some work