NFL teams trimmed their rosters to the required 53 players Saturday before the regular season begins next week, and eight former Arizona Wildcats survived the cuts.
Others were not as fortunate. Here’s a rundown.
These players made their respective 53-man rosters:
- S Will Parks (Denver Broncos)
- QB Nick Foles (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- DE Brooks Reed (Arizona Cardinals)
- LB Reggie Gilbert (Tennessee Titans)
- S Dane Cruikshank (Tennessee Titans)
These players were waived/released by their clubs:
- OL Gerhard de Beer (Green Bay Packers)
- S Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles (San Francisco 49ers)
- LB Scooby Wright III (New England Patriots)
- DT P.J. Johnson (Detroit Lions)
- WR Trey Griffey (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- LB Marquis Flowers (Washington Redskins)
- DT Earl Mitchell (Seattle Seahawks)
- WR Shawn Poindexter (San Francisco 49ers)*
*suffered a knee injury during a preseason game
Most of these guys are eligible to sign with practice squads starting Sunday. Flowers and Mitchell, due to their service time, are not.