It’s Monday which means it’s time to recap another week of Arizona Wildcats athletics. Let us know in the comment section if we missed anything.
- Arizona scored three second-half goals on their way to a 4-3 win over TCU. Brooke Wilson, Samantha Falasco (PK), and Jill Aguilera (x2) were Arizona’s goal-scorers. The Wildcats are 6-1 heading into Friday’s conference opener vs. Colorado.
- Before the win over TCU, UA soccer went viral after it announced its petting zoo promotion had to be put on hold after sheep and goats escaped at a previous event and were roaming the streets of Tucson. Fortunately they made it to the game in one piece.
- Here’s a feature on track star Madison Goerlinger, who brings a lot more to Arizona soccer than speed
- Arizona saw its 21-set streak come to an end Saturday against Sacramento State, but the winning streak extended to 8 matches. Arizona also beat Alabama State and New Mexico State. The Wildcats are 10-2 heading into conference play. They play at ASU on Thursday.
@_dcducky— Arizona Volleyball (@ArizonaVBall) September 23, 2019
• Hit .593 for the weekend, including a .909 effort vs. Sacramento State@pwhipple21
• Led the team in kills (4.11), digs (3.22) and aces (0.56) per set during the weekend pic.twitter.com/StiiYBxGGy
- Arizona’s recruiting class was ranked 15th in the country by Softball America
- 2012 national champion Seth Mejias-Brean crushed a walk-off homer against the Diamondbacks
- The women’s team opened the fall season by playing in the Battle of the Bay Classic and the Milwaukee Tennis Classic, the results of which you can find here.
- The men’s team hosted the Wildcat Invitational where it won three titles. Junior Igor Karpovets and sophomore Conner Olsen each won singles titles, while Igor Karpovets and Stewart Block won doubles titles. Here’s a more extensive recap.
- Aari McDonald was listed as a top prospect in the 2020 WNBA Draft, meaning she might have a tough decision to make after her redshirt junior season.
- Here’s a close look at Arizona’s non-conference schedule, which includes a road game at Texas.
- Freshman cornerback Christian Roland-Wallace was honored by Pro Football Focus for his performance against Texas Tech.
- Even after the win vs. Tech, most experts see Arizona missing a bowl game.
- Here’s a look at the biggest questions facing Arizona entering Pac-12 play
- How did non-conference play change your outlook of Arizona football? Our staff discussed
- Here are 3 surprises and 3 disappointments from non-conference play.
- The fifth anniversary of the “Hill Mary” was this week, so here’s a look at back at that memorable night.
- Freshman defensive back Maurice Gaines is no longer on the team.
- The SwagCopter made a return in Phoenix!
- Here’s what we know—and what we need to find out—about Arizona football heading into Pac-12 play
- Here’s a refresher on Arizona’s 2020 recruiting class, which could use some work.
- Arizona received one vote in the Coaches Poll. No word on if it was Kevin Sumlin.
- Arizona is a favorite in Saturday’s game vs. UCLA, but the line is shrinking
- Arizona’s staff put the bye week to good use, recruiting in 10 different states
- Andy Katz projects Arizona will be a 9-seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Five-star point guard Devin Askew, one of UA’s top targets, said he will be committing soon.
- Jason Terry was named the assistant general manager of the Texas Legends.
- Minnesota big man Dawson Garcia included Arizona in his final 7
- Now that Arizona basketball’s schedule is out, here is what stands out about it.
- 2021 prospect Mojave King—what a name!—will be officially visiting Arizona soon.
- The Red-Blue Game is Friday and media day is Tuesday!
- The GOAT celebrated his 85th birthday