The Arizona Wildcats lost three key seniors to the transfer portal this offseason, but another is receiving some preseason recognition.
Defensive lineman Trevon Mason was named to the Reese’s Senior Bowl Top 250 on Thursday, the lone Wildcat to make the cut. (Tony Fields II, now at West Virginia, is on the list too.)
Mason had 44 tackles (six for loss), a sack and two pass deflections in 2019 after transferring in from Navarro Community College. Impressive considering Mason arrived to campus the day before fall camp began after getting some academic issues sorted out.
“I was tired the first week, like gassed,” the 6-foot-5, 310-pound Mason said last fall.
The Senior Bowl is a college all-star game that typically takes place early in the winter in Mobile, Alabama. It’s a prime opportunity to get scouted by NFL coaches and front office personnel before the draft.
Last year, 93 players appeared in the Senior Bowl, with 40 of them eventually getting drafted in the first three rounds.
Other Pac-12 players to make the Senior Bowl Top 250:
- WR Frank Darby (ASU)
- CB Jack Jones (ASU)
- CB Chase Lucas (ASU)
- CB Camryn Bynum (Cal)
- LB Kuony Deng (Cal)
- QB Anthony Brown (Oregon)
- DL Austin Faoliu (Oregon)
- CB Thomas Graham Jr. (Oregon)
- CB Deommodore Lenoir (Oregon)
- DL Jordon Scott (Oregon)
- CB Isaiah Dunn (Oregon State)
- LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr. (Oregon State)
- OT Walker Little (Stanford)
- LB Ryan Bowman (Washington)
- DL Josiah Bronson (Washington)
- CB Elijah Molden (Washington)
- DL Levi Onwuzurike (Washington)
- CB Keith Taylor (Washington)
- OL Luke Wattenberg (Washington)
- OT Jake Burton (UCLA)
- RB Demetric Felton (UCLA)
- DL Osa Odighizuwa (UCLA)
- RB Stephen Carr (USC)
- WR Tyler Vaughns (USC)
- QB Jake Bentley (Utah)